Sweet and chocolatey, Nutella is a treat that kids and parents both adore. In celebration of World Nutella Day, we’re sharing this decadent recipe from the folks at Big Green Egg grills. Get ready to indulge.
- 8 individual Twinkies, or 4 packages
- 3⁄4 cup Nutella, or other chocolate hazelnut spread 6 Oreo cookies, smashed into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate toffee pieces
- 1 regular cedar plank, soaked in water
Set EGG for direct cooking (no convEGGtor) at 275°F/135°C.
Arrange the Twinkies on the plank, Slather the top of the Twinkies evenly with Nutella. Sprinkle with Oreo chunks, mini marshmallows and chocolate toffee pieces.
Place the plank on the EGG and close the dome. Allow Twinkies to heat and smoke slowly for 15 minutes, until marshmallows are golden brown and everything is heated through. Remove from EGG and serve immediately with a big glass of milk.
Makes 4 servings.